My favorite ginger molasses cookie from Mom. Christmas is not complete without them.
4 cups flour
2 cups sugar
4 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons (or more) ground ginger (I like 3 tablespoons myself)
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 1/3 cups vegetable oil
1/2 cup molasses
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix dry ingredients together well in a large bowl.
- Mix wet ingredients together separately.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix well.
- Form dough into balls about 1 inch diameter.
- Roll balls in sugar and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 13 minutes for chewy for 15 minutes for crispy cookies.
- Remove from oven and cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes before removing to paper towels to completely cool.